Friday, November 2, 2012

November Goals

This week has been pretty light in terms of workouts. Since I was away last week, I have to make up some time in my TA position, so that meant an extra day of working late. Add on Halloween, where the kids start coming around for candy at 6pm (our usual gym time), and we're down pretty low in the exercise front.

Luckily it is a step back week, and my body felt pretty tired after last weekend's long run, so I'm trying to fit in a lot of stretching in the time I do have.

For October, I was able to meet most of my monthly goals. I am super proud of myself for actually doing 2 runs at 20+ miles. It makes me feel so much more ready for the Rock & Roll Las Vegas marathon. We are now one month away! Crazy! I am really starting to get excited, and more confident. I now am feeling like I could complete the distance, but I'm still unsure of how long it will take me.

October Goals
Really enjoy the Nike Women's Half Marathon experience. Try carrying a camera to take photos! Had a ton of fun with this race, but couldn't figure out the camera thing. Thankfully Ry was around to take photos! See more here.
Get in a 20-miler by the end of the month Actually did 2 runs at 20+ miles! Here & Here.
Go on an trip with Ryan to Napa I knew this would be happening, and it was awesome. Such a great weekend!
Put a focus on networking on your Dallas trip. Get business cards! Bring your resume! I went. I saw. I conquered.
Do yoga once a week. Make it a priority in your schedule with new school year starting. The yoga was definitely more difficult to fit in this month, but I think I did do it -- even on the travel week.

November Goals
Run a strong, evenly paced 20 miler

Eat healthy through Thanksgiving in prep for marathon
Make a good salad at least once a week for lunch (I've been lazy and need to gt back on track with this)
Keep up with the yoga -- it has been helping stay balanced!
Enjoy your fun upcoming events with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...