Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Hey, I Put My New Shoes On

My current pair of shoes are really starting to wear down. Based on my training log, I think they have just over 300 miles on them. I am starting to feel like the cushioning in the forefoot is thin and the ball of my foot feels tired more quickly than it used to.

I was looking forward to finding a pair of shoes that was brightly colored. There are so many super fun options out there right now!

I first ended up ordering this pair, the New Balance 870 v2. I looooved the colors because they were bright and happy. They were comfortable, but I kept feeling like they were just the tiniest bit too narrow in the toe box. I like to be able to really spread out my toes.




So, I ended up ordering the Brooks Ravenna 3. I have worn both the original Brooks Ravenna and the Ravenna 2, and absolutely loved them. They have a large toe box, and a supportive sole for moderate guidance. I also like how they seem to easily roll over the toe as you walk or run. Even though the colors aren't quite as bright and crazy as the New Balance 870's, they are still a color that I love.



I have only done one short and easy run in these new shoes, but plan to start to wear them more often, and hopefully in my upcoming marathon.

How often do you replace your running shoes? I tend to replace when I feel like they are wearing down or I can see dramatically reduced tread on the bottom. Although I do track my runs, I don't specifically say which shoes I was wearing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...