Thursday, October 18, 2012

Recovery run

I did it. I did convince myself to go out on a run last night -- the motivation yesterday helped. So did the fact that Ryan and Matt were going out too. Even though I didn't run with them, just knowing they were going out running helped me get out the door. I made it just over 4 miles, but it was a struggle. My legs were still feeling pretty tight and tired from Sunday's race.

After running yesterday I tried to do a little extra stretching to help the recovery process.  This week I'm letting myself get a little extra rest too, by trying to get to bed a little earlier if possible. I also took off from working out on Monday and Tuesday.

This weekend I'm going to get back into my long-run schedule with an 18-19 miler on Saturday. Hopefully my legs are feeling more recovered by then. Tonight's yoga session should help though too. Next week I will try for about 21 miles. I think I should be able to get in three more longer runs in before the marathon -- only seven weeks away!

Next week I'm headed to a conference in Dallas, TX. I'm hoping I can get in a few runs on the hotel treadmill or around downtown during the week. I'm returning late Friday night, so hopefully I can drag myself out of bed

from visitdallas.com

Anyone been to Dallas before? Have any good restaurant suggestions? I've never been there, so I'm looking forward to exploring a new area.

How long does it take you to recover after a hard race? Usually I feel pretty good after a couple days, but I think the San Francisco hills made my legs a bit more tired than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...