Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Favorite running outfits

I think everyone has 'em....their favorite running outfits. I mean, how can you not?!? You're spending so many hours in an outfit that has to move with you (no chaffing, and not restricting!), and wick away sweat to help keep you from smelling too terrible later.

My favorite shorts are definitely these ones from Lululemon. I can't find them on their website anymore so they might be discontinued. But I hope they come back so I can buy five more pairs. They have been really great with marathon training, because there are lots of spaces for storage, including a size zipper pocket and two waistband slots.

I'm also totally digging these Hana Run Shorts from Athleta. They are super light and are perfect for those hot summer days.


On top, I usually stick with tech t's from races, or a tank. Although, I recently got this awesome new bright orange Reebok top that I'm loving. I wore it in both of my last two half marathons, it was super comfy, but bright and happy too.

My current favorite sports bra is from Moving Comfort, the Jubralee bra. It is really supportive and eliminates bounce. However, lately I have been getting some chafing from the band around the chest. I'm not sure if it is due to my heart rate monitor also touching the band, and moving it around, or if I'm not using a tight enough clasp. Any thoughts? I had to stop mid-run on Saturday to try to adjust it a bit because I was getting uncomfortable.

By the way, as I mentioned in this post, the Urban Cow Half was accidentally a bit too long by almost 2/3 of a mile for everyone in the first wave. The race management company felt so terrible about it they made 13.74 stickers, and gave everyone in that wave a $10 discount for next year's race. Way to make light of the situation! I give this company major props for doing their best to remedy the situation. My friends and I didn't mind so much about the extra distance, but I know there were definitely people out there who were upset.

What are your favorite running outfits?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...