Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Lovely Long Weekend

Sorry its been a bit since I last posted, but I wanted to have a relaxing weekend away from the computer!

Friday I was stuck at the car repair shop for most of the day after I took my car in for an oil change and they found important work to be done. Boo! Luckily the weather was amazing (finally warming up a little!) and I was able to take a little walk during my wait.


 On an exciting note though, on Friday I won an entry to the Oakland Running Festival! Thanks Pavement Runner! I haven't ever run in Oakland before, but I have friends who live very close to the race start/finish so I'm really looking forward to checking it out!



Saturday and Sunday were typical weekend days with a swim Saturday and long run Sunday. I have been trying to work on my swim form, and I think it is finally starting to improve! I'm planning to buy the Total Immersion book or DVD for some more tips since I have heard it's pretty good.

I also wanted to give you guys an update on my hip/glute....it is starting to feel a little better. Earlier last week I was really feeling good -- I think the exercises you guys recommended have been helping -- Thanks Yum Runner, Cait and Holly!! But, Friday I did a tough legs workout, which caused me to get SUPER sore though Saturday and Sunday. I was nervous about my long run Sunday, and ended up cutting it a mile shorter than I had originally planned. I did some stretching and foam rolling after though, and I think that really helped too. Yesterday and today I woke up feeling great! Seems like I'm on the right track.


Otherwise we spent the days going to the movies (saw the Hobbit -- it was good!) and out to dinner, and watching football (while resting after running). We also went for a walk around the neighborhood one day. Nice to not have anywhere to be sometimes and just relax.

Ryan and I both had Monday off (does happen very often!), so we decided to enjoy the day by going wine tasting in Amador County. It was great to get out with friends! 


What did you do this weekend?

When is your next race? I have my first half marathon of 2013 coming up the first weekend in February! The Davis Stampede!

11 comments:

  1. Wine tasting sounds fabulous! And Congrats on winning! My weekend was not exciting in any way, really. But that's OK since I had a long break this year (where I was actually working, but from home which was awesome).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sometimes it is nice to just have some time to spend at home!

      Delete
  2. Great to hear about your hip!
    ooooh your half marathon is coming up soon! I need to get a look at race schedules and see if anything fits for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jelly about the wine tasting! I've gone once before and it was so much fun ^^

    Good luck with your upcoming half :) I'll be doing my first official half the first week of may and am super psyched about it ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome about your first half in May!! Exciting!

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you are on the road to recovery! Keep up with the exercises. You won't regret it! And, uhm, yuuuuum to the wine tasting and awesome spread!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristen!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Great seeing another blogger in the Sacramento area - I look forward to following your posts.

    Are you doing the Shamrock'n Half?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I am doing the Shamrock'n Half! I did it two years ago and loved it, so I'm looking forward to another fun race.

      Delete
  6. Winning a race entry is always sweet!

    So is cycling for wine tasting (you're making me miss upstate NY, too!).

    Glad the hip is doing better - remember not to stop strengthening/stretching just because it's feeling good (so easy to do....so dangerous!). And make best buddies with that foam roller. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Except you didn't cycle to wine taste. You cycled to beer taste. D'oh.

      Dear Holly: Please stop opening all of Kristen's posts in different tabs, gorging yourself on reading all at once, then getting your comments mixed up. D'oh.

      Delete
    2. Haha. No worries! :) I have cycled to wine taste before too ... just not lately.

      Thanks for the reminder to continue my stretching & strengthening too. I needed that!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...