Saturday, January 5, 2013

2012 Recap & January Goals

I know, I know... it's January 4th... everyone else looked back at their past year nearly a week ago. I'm just getting to it though, so you'll just have to bear with me as I review my December goals, and maybe even throw in a few highlights of 2012 overall -- maybe even some things you haven't heard about before!

December Goals
Run my first marathon!
    Sub-goals for this race were: Don't hit the wall, Finish!, Reach goal..finish under 4:25. Finished! Read my recaps here & here. Didn't make my reach goal this time, but maybe that means I'll just have to run another one someday.
Don't eat too many Christmas cookies --just pick one or two of your favorites. Actually did pretty good with this, except for maybe a couple days. It helped that I didn't bake any of my own this year.
Run when you feel like it, but at least keep getting to the gym (workout at least 3-4x/week) Did some treadmill runs when I was itching for it. Got in lots of days to the gym for total body circuit training and some yoga.
Make the most of time with friends and family for Christmas YES! So many people were visited.


Best of 2012
I also wanted to take a moment to recount some of my best moments of the last year.
1. In April, I PR'ed in the half marathon by 14 minutes over my first half marathon completed in 2011!
2. In June, I completed my first triathlon (sprint distance). It was so much fun. I actually ended up second in my age group (and so did my husband)! I can't wait to do a few more of them this year.


3. Also can't forget (again!) that I finished my first marathon! It was definitely a highlight of the year.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg3_KkTcLi0OaY1kyHpBak8bwm6jCjKn7SWeViC87GYDtI9OsGOwB0U5EZOH8kn_coZQ9q_waMFAxbW5-XpLSp_JhCyosZ2JOxyrTiMRzMeNuxjerT5zAhBA9CWHDmuvem3m4eJPti8fe8D/s1600/image(16).jpeg

4. Overall, I completed 11 races this year -- 1 10k, 1 sprint triathlon, 7 half marathons, 1 20-milers, and 1 marathon. Sweet! Oh yeah, and I won a pushup contest!


Thanks for sticking with me through the first few months of blogging. I'm enjoying meeting you and really appreciate your readership. 

January Goals
Get back on the running schedule - start training for March half marathon
Do speedwork once a week in running
Try to get to the pool at least 3 times this month (gotta start somewhere!)
Finalize your spring race schedule

Not too many goals for this month. I'm hoping to be able to have some relaxation time. I have a massage scheduled in a couple weeks too. I always like taking it easy a little in January with planning because after a hectic holiday season I just want some time to unwind.

What do you have on schedule for January?

2 comments:

  1. wow! That's a lot of races! I'm hopin to PR in a 1/2 this year (go sub 2). I can't believe you've done a triathlon as well, that's so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you totally have a sub 2 in you! You have been rocking your runs lately! :) I'm looking forward to blogging more about triathlon as I prepare for another one this year.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...