Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A side-dose of yoga

I have quite a few athletic interests outside of running including cycling, weight training, and yoga.

I don't belong to a yoga studio, but my gym (24 hour fitness) has a seriously ROCKIN' yoga instructor that I absolutely love!

I've been doing yoga for almost 2 years now at the gym. I usually attend just once a week, but it seriously calms me and stretches/relaxes my sore muscles from other training. It keeps me balanced. For a few weeks over the summer I wasn't able to attend, and I definitely felt thrown off by it. When I can't make it to the gym, I often try to fit in a day of P90x yoga instead.

Right now I'm working on getting into headstand . I can do it when my hands are in a tripod type formation instead of the way shown in this photo. But I am seriously {this close}. Right now every time I try, I end up leaning back too far and rolling over. So soon though I think!


Yesterday, instead of a running workout I went to yoga, then did a chest, triceps, shoulders workout at the gym afterward with Ryan and another friend. I think its important to me to do other athletic activities besides just running.

What activities do you do besides run? Or do you just stick with running every day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...