Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Marathon #2

It's official! I registered for marathon #2!!
 

On November 10, 2013, I will be running the Outer Banks Marathon in North Carolina!


I have never been to the Outer Banks before, so I'm pretty excited to check it out.  The course looks beautiful -- many of the miles are along the ocean. Most of the course is flat except for two bridges. It is a smaller race with about 1200 participants in the marathon last year, and 2600 in the half marathon.

I am looking forward to marathon training again! This year I have been incorporating speed work into my half marathon training throughout this spring. I am planning to continue this as I move into training for the full marathon.

Why OBX Marathon? Well, Ryan's aunt & uncle have a beach house there so we have a place to stay. Plus, we thought it would be fun to do a run in a new location and new state. Sweet! A few friends who ran the Las Vegas Marathon with us plan to rub OBX too. 

Have you run the in the Outer Banks before?
How long did you wait between your first and second marathon?
For me, it will be 11 months. I focused this spring on the half marathon distance instead.

10 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! Way to go. Signing up is the hardest part...wait, maybe not for a marathon. My first was in October and my second was in early June the following year. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! My half marathon had about 2200 participants and I thought it was a nice number. There were always people running with me to keep me motivated :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! Awesome!! I think a small race will be great and sounds gorgeous!! It is always nice to go on a run-cation and have a good place to stay!!!
    My first marathon was October 09 and my second marathon was January 10. Probably did not wait long enough but it was good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must've just been excited to keep on runnin'!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like fun! Good luck on your marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one. Good luck with the marathon. :) I had a 6 month gap between my first and second... I was utterly and completely hooked after the first and was immediately on the hunt for my second race. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to sign up right away too! But the timing just didn't work out. I did lots of half marathons this spring though! :)

      Delete
  6. Yay! This is awesome! And Hood to Coast can be part of your training plan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Goodluck on your second Marathon! I need to catch up! I want to train for my first marathon soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OBX is can be cold and windy in Nov...but absolutely gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...