Thursday, May 30, 2013

First Tri of 2013

On Saturday I will be completing my second triathlon -- the 1st in 2013! I did his same tri last year as my first ever. I loved it! Somehow my whole summer filled up before I could get in any others last year though -- Bummer!! This summer I am hoping to at least get in two. Maybe the next one will be an olympic distance. :) baby steps.

{Heading out for my run of last year's tri}

This weekend's race is a sprint distance including a 0.5 mi swim, 16 mi bike, and 3 mi run. Last year this race took me 1:42:16 to finish. Since that time, I think I have improved on both the bike and the run (I'm running faster and also did great on my Tour de Cure ride). Swimming on the other hand has taken a back seat lately -- though I did get in the pool today for a short "shakeout" swim. I'm still thinking I can do better than last year.


The temperature on Saturday is supposed to get up to 100 degrees! Wish me luck that I don't melt into a puddle before I finish the race.

Have you ever done a triathlon before? Did you like it? Loved completing this triathlon last year, and I'm so excited (but also nervous!) for this weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! I am sure you will rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!! I'm looking forward to hearing how you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! Have an awesome race tomorrow!! You are totally going to PR!!! Keep it steady!! Race hard!! HYDRATE!!! I can't believe it is going to be 100!! STAY COOL!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...