Friday, April 26, 2013

Taking a Much Needed Rest Day

In the last three days, I've worked my legs pretty hard. Here were my workouts:

Tuesday: speed (on the treadmill) Warmup. 2x400, 2x800. Repeat. Cooldown.
            Note: I used my 10k time to estimate new speed workout paces. They are TOUGH!
Wednesday: P90x legs and back
            For some reason, this workout always crushes my legs, even if I do lighter weights. At least I know I'm strengthening those muscles for my runs and rides!
Thursday: spin
           
See? My legs have really been working hard! Yesterday morning, my legs were already feeling sore from the two previous days. By the time spin was over, I knew I'd really be feeling it this morning! So today, I'm going to be listening to my body and taking a rest day.

This weekend I will be doing a 70 mile bike ride to get in one last push before the Tour de Cure. I can't believe it is already coming up next weekend! Resting today is also important so I'm ready to put in those long miles on the bike tomorrow.



{One of my favorite photos of Ryan from last year's Tour training}

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend! I can't wait to read all the recaps next week!

If anyone is interested in donating to the American diabetes Association, and supporting my ride in the Tour de Cure, please visit my donation page here.

6 comments:

  1. What a productive week. I am trying to tell myself I need a rest day after racing last weekend and running a lot this week, but the weather is SO NICE, how can I not get out there for a quick run?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Hard not to go out for a run on a beautiful day!

      Delete
  2. Girl, I don't know how you manage to do so many races so frequently! I haven't done one since october hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that it is so IMPORTANT when to know to take a rest day! I used to hate taking a rest day and now I look forward to it. (Maybe I just wasn't working hard enough??)
    Do you always do your speed work out on the treadmill?
    Have an awesome 70 miler!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't always do speed work on the treadmill -- I actually have only done it twice! But it seems like kind of a nice way to regulate your pace. I don't think I'd do it all the time.

      Delete
  4. Rest days are important, too! Good to listen to your body on that one. Hope you had a great ride this weekend! (Sorry, I'm late to the party!) Feeling good about the TdC? :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...