Monday, March 11, 2013

A Run Along the Ocean

This past weekend Ryan and I went to Santa Cruz for a little getaway with some friends. We rented a big house so we could all stay there. It was so fun to have all of us eat dinner together and play some games. The weather this weekend was perfect!

Saturday morning we went for a run along the ocean. It was absolutely gorgeous. See for yourself!








Amazing, right?!? There was a really nice paved path. SO many people were out walking, running and biking. Hard not to be outside with such beautiful weather.


I ended up running almost7 miles -- a pretty good distance for my taper week long run. My next half marathon is coming up this weekend!

Other than the run, we spent the day lounging on the beach (even though it felt a bit too cold out to go in the water), ate some tasty clam chowder at the end of the pier, and said hello to the sea lions.



Do you like to run when you are on vacations? I love it. It is such a fun way to explore a new place!

2 comments:

  1. Yessssssssss.......love to explore.

    [Only caveat is if I have a hard run on the schedule (intervals, tempo) - trying to fit that in when I don't really know the area stresses me out, and I'd rather hit a treadmill or track just to get things done quickly and efficiently.]

    Ah...California Coast...I love you! Thanks for the photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woa! Lovely pics! You ran into a sea lion on your run 0.0 Man, all I see are squirrels and raccoons. Ooh I did run into a fox once :)

    Best of luck with your upcoming race!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...